Since (as seems to be the fate of communities like this) this is just sitting around, I may as well post something random school-related. So, here's the ASB meeting notes from Wednesday. :D
Meeting started at: 9:15
President: Paul Butts - present
Vice President: Andrew Hobbs - present
Treasurer: Richard Fisk - present
Secretary: Christina Lee - present
Director of Activities: Bret Eagleston - present
Tech Liason: Fred Meyers - present
Ms. Chacon - Arlina Medina:
Ms. Pacheco - Anthony Kozlowski:
Ms. Pollack - Josh Kling: present
Mrs. Stepp – Ian Lord: present
Mr. Bozeday – Matt Morrison: present
Margaret Dennett – Aaron Diegel: present
Ms. Hale – Julia Callaghan: present
Mr. Paisley - Tyler Tulsky: present
Mr. Little – Brianna McGee:
Mr. Doughtery - James Lavoy: present
Mr. Golyn - Max Reis: present
- Love aspect
- Takes place in a club
- make the location look as much a like the club as possible.
- 1940's there is a bar there, and we're going to have casino tables
- Gentlemen and Escorts
- Black Jack
-$2100 for decorations and gifts
- Cut the DJ Cost
- If we need mroe money we have it
- Get parents to volunteer as dealers
- Parents and teachers as chaperones
- Freshmen parents as chaperones
- Christmas lights - sent out a letter to the parents club for donations
- Link of the movie:
- Have a movie night for Casablanca
- Pam Tuthill deposited money
- $2900 in our account
Does anybody need money?
- Robotics needs money
Do bands at tech want to play one day at lunch?
There is going to be another battle of the bands
- We need more notice
- need to be together more than 2 weeks
- try out first
- better organized
- Talent show will be more organized
- Throw water balloons at teachers contest
- Bowling club going
- it should be at school
- Halo Tournament
- permission to have it after school 3 until
- Turnabout dance
- Ask advisorys for ideas
Valentines day dance
- Alaina saying that they';re planning to have it on Feb. 11th
- Talking to Mrs. Stepp
- getting started next week
- wednesdays in rm 1
- Haven't had a chance to talk to Laborde
How do you feel about how the school has gone about correcting the problems here?
Last week we discussed: “How do you feel about how the school has gone about correcting the problems here? Why?
Now: Is there other ways we can go about fixing the problems we have been seeing? Is what we are doing now is not working?
- Juniors how do you feel?
- It's going bette4r
- there are things that aren't getting solved
-it's not jsut students it's teachers too
- Teachers ruined grades
- Some are hard graders
- There are zeros next to a lot of the assignments
- Talk to Morrison about their situations.
- What are kids doing?
- Where is the student accountability?
- There are a lot of people cruising the internet
- How are people dealing with the situations?
- Morrison: Not well
- Not dicipline level of work
- Don't feel good about the enviornment at this school
- It used to be different
- How do you get teachers adn students to feel good about being ehre
- We are not handling it very well
- 32 suspensions
- nag and suspend
- It's like at Vintage
- it's a horrible approach we have right now
- Students are not being productive
- The bulk of the suspensions are the junior class
- The number osf referrals is 80% of the Jr. class
- A lot of the newer teachers would rather refer tehm than talk to them
- Most teachers will wrarn students
- "Why are we here" type of attitude in both teachers and students
- Hard time figuring out what homework was
- Teacher asked students what they need to change
- Student feedback
- Doesn't really know what's going on
- They don't know if there is anything that they can do to help.
- What we are doing now is not tha effective.
- students are missing out on the opportunity that this school is giving some of the other people becaus eof their misbehavior.
- Students are more likely not to do something if they are nagged at
- Both the teachers and students need to get Positive attitude
- Don't feel like a lot of teacher have a lot of resepect because of the way they handle situations
- It takes work on both parts to improve.
- Do you think that it's not so much of the act, but the consistency of it?
- How do you feel about students causing problems?
- We think that things are improving a lot
- Haven't heard of things getting stolen
- There are a "couple of bad apples"
- They're their friends, so they don't want to say anything
- Students acting up in class is better
- Bring the idea up for advisory.
-We need to do something that involves the teachers
- Have a teachers team
- New Tech ice block race
- Movie night
- Next Thursday
- Fundraiser for Key Club
- Donuts in advisory
- We need to find a way to make people be more enthusiastic about advisory
- What is advisory for?
- Will You Eat it Contest
- Big difference btwn this school from last year
- We need more funner advisory activties, to go out and interact with other advisorys
Meeting ajourned at: 9:56 am